Quality Assurance (SQA) was earlier considered at lower priority. Howsoever, lately the importance of strategic SQA and testing has been recognized as an inevitable phase of software lifecycle which delivers improved software quality, increases customer satisfaction and achieves targeted cost savings.
With advent of new technologies and growing business demands, the software complexity has also increased and huge amount is invested by organizations in delivering perfect solutions. Today on an average 40% of IT project budgets are allocated to testing. Defects found and fixed during test execution can cost 50 times more than during the early requirements phase, and as high as 200 times if left undetected until after production. Moreover, IT organizations are expected to deliver higher quality systems in less time with limited resources.
Testing-whiz (a division of Cygnet Infotech which is CMMI Level 3, ISO 9001:2008 and ISO 27001:2005 certified company) lays a very high emphasis on quality and understands the importance of developing defect free solutions. In an attempt to maximize customer satisfaction, Testing-whiz is firmly committed to continually working towards improving its quality processes.
- Exceed customer expectations by setting up new quality standards with reduced costs
- Customer-centric innovations across areas such as metrics, automation and test organization
- Ensure stability and higher product performance
- Continuous improvement of our processes and systems
- Timely deliveries
- Constant upgradation of the skills of our employees to serve our customers better
- Reduced time to market
- Meet quality targets
- Lower cost by delivering higher quality systems in less time with limited resources.
- Focus on strategic priorities
Testing-whiz provides adaptable testing services based on best industry practices to comprehensively meet the quality targets.
- Use of Functional Specification for Test Generation: Test Script Generation initiates once the baseline Functional Specification document is available. Thus, the test generation and development activities progress in parallel. This results in parallelism in execution as by the time code is ready, test cases are also ready.
- Reviews: Reviews are a way of testing software work products (including code) and can be performed well before dynamic test execution. Defects detected during reviews early in the life cycle are often much cheaper to remove than those detected while running tests (e.g. defects found in requirements).
Work products reviewed by us include:
- Requirement specifications
- Design specifications
- Test plans, test specifications, test cases, test scripts, RTMs
- User guides
- Web pages
- Benefits of reviews include early defect detection and correction, development productivity improvements, reduced development timescales, reduced testing cost and time, lifetime cost reductions, fewer defects and improved communication.
Types of Reviews undertaken include:
- Peer Reviews
- Supervisory Reviews
- Technical Reviews
- Multiple Platform testing:As applications/products today are designed to run on various platforms, multiple platform testing has become inevitable for such products.
- Internal Beta testing: Several internal Beta releases are provided to a limited number of customers. On basis of their feedbacks, problems are fixed before final deployment.
- Customer-centric approach: A customer-centric approach is undertaken to create a specific set of test cases which target business related user scenarios, which otherwise would not have been covered in the functional test cases.
- The testing methodologies followed at Testing-whiz adhere to an established standard that conforms to the requirements as per customer specifications. The processes Testing-whiz follows for requirements study, design, coding, testing and support are in accordance with the CMMI Level 3 and ISO 9001:2008 standards.
- Our Independent Testing Services and Collaborative Engagement Model bring objectivity and transparency to your validation process. We ensure complete Software Quality Assurance with continuous conformance to requirements, thus delivering substantial business value.
- The risk based modeling adopted by our teams prioritizes features and functions based on their impact on application failure.